Shripad Yesso Naik
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), MLA, MP, North Goa, Goa, BJP.
Shripad Yesso Naik is the Minister of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), and Minister of State for Defence.
He was born on 04-October-1952 to Yesso Bhikari Naik in Adpai. He completed his B. A from Bombay University, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
From 1984-1993, he was elected as Sarpanch from Durbhat Village Panchayat for two terms. He was a Member of National Executive, B.J.P in 1988.
From 1988-1990, he worked as General Secretary, B.J.P. Goa Pradesh. He was elected as Member of Goa Legislative Assembly and served as Member of Public Accounts Committee, Goa Legislative Assembly.
From 1990-1995, Yesso Naik selected as President of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Goa. From 1995-1996, he was the Leader of the B.J.P. Legislature Party and worked as a Member of the Committee on Delegated Legislation, Goa Legislative Assembly.
Some more postions which he held:
- In 1999: He was Elected to the 13th Lok Sabha
- In 2000: He was a Member of the Standing Committee on Transport and Tourism, Member of Committee on Absence of Members from the Sittings of the House, Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Rural Development.
- In 2000: He was the Union Minister of State, Agriculture from 2000-2001.
- In 2001: From 02-November-2001 to 14-May-2002, he was the Union Minister of State, Shipping.
- In 2002: From 2002-2003, he was the Union Minister of State, Civil Aviation.
- In 2003: From 24-May-2003 to 08-September-2003, he was the Union Minister of State, Road Transport & Highways From 08-September-2003 to 22-May-2004, Union Minister of State, Finance.
- In 2004: He was Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha for 2nd term and served as Member of Committee on Papers Laid on the Table, Member of Standing Committee on Urban Development, Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Tourism.
- In 2007:He was a Member of the Committee on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme(MPLADS).
- In 2009:Yesso Naik was Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha for the 3rd term. He defeated Jitendra Raghuraj Deshprabhu of the National Congress party by 6,353 votes. He held the positions of Member of Standing Committee on Energy, Member of Committee on Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS), Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Tourism, and Ministry of Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- From 2012-2013: He was a Member of, Public Accounts Committee.
- In 2014:He was Re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha (4th term). In the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated Ravi Naik of the National Congress party by 105,599 votes, which is very high for the small state of Goa. From 27-May-2014 to 09- November-2014, He was the Union Minister of State, Ministry of Culture, and Ministry of Tourism.
- In 2016: From 2014-2016, He was the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Union Minister of State, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- In 2019: He was inducted into Modi’s cabinet as MoS (Independent charge) of the ministry of AYUSH MoS in the Ministry of Defense. He contested and won the 2019 Lok Sabha polls from North Goa against INC candidate Girish Raya by a margin of over 1,00000 votes.
- Shripad Naik married Vijaya Shripad Naik and has 3 sons.
- He received the Samaraj Ratna Award on 18-August-2016.
Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurated and also launched the website of Regional Raw Drug Repository – Western Region (RRDR-W), NIA, Jaipur which is the oldest and most esteemed Institute of Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
Minister Shripad Naik Attended & addressed a webinar on Yoga & Ayurveda Medicine for Mental Wellness jointly being organized by NICM, Western Sydney Australia University, and All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi via Video Conference.
This event will be helpful to create a dialogue among Ayurveda and Yoga stakeholders and also among experts from other fields who can contribute.
Minister Shripad Naik Called on Minister of State for Shipping (IC) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya Ji yesterday evening and discussed the issue of seafarers who are been debarred for a period of five years from applying from the Indian CDC. The process has already started and Mandaviyaji has assured to end the ban and restart the CDC newly.
Shripad Naik Attended & addressed 1st Webinar on Harmonization of Curricula for Mutual Recognition of Traditional Medicine Degrees of BIMSTEC Countries organized by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurated Gymnasium at Village Panchayat Anjuna- Caisua, Bardez-Goa under MPLAD scheme along with Hon’ble MLA of Siolim Shri Vinod Paliencar, Sarpanch Shri Patrick Almeida, and others.
Minister Shripad Naik attended and addressed a webinar on “DAP 2020: Making India Global Manufacturing Hub”, organized by Assocham.