Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala
Minister of State for Panchayati Raj and Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, MLA, MP, Amreli, Gujarat, BJP
Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala is the Minister of State for Panchayati Raj, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. He was born on 01-October-1954 to Hariben Khodabhai and Khodabhai Madhabhai. He earned his B.Sc. and B.Ed at Saurashtra University and Gujarat University. He hails from an Agricultural family.
Parshottam worked as Principal of Hamapur High School from 1977 to 1983. He was the Chief Officer of Amreli Nagarpalika from 15-11-1983 to 03-08-1987. From 1987 to 1988, he also worked as Principal of Municipal Girls High School and President of Amreli Consumer Protection Council, From 1987 to till date. He was the Member of the Bharatiya Janta Party(BJP) served as President of Amreli District from 1988-1991. He contested and elected thrice as Member of Legislative Assembly(MLA) from 1991-1995, 1995-1997, 1998-2002 from Amreli constituency. In 1992, He worked as Secretary of Gujarat State from the BJP party.
From 19-03-1995 to 20-10-1995, he worked in the departments of Narmada Development, Water Resources, and Water Supply department also from 1995-1996, Water Resources and Water Supply department. He served as Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee, Gujarat Legislative Assembly from March 1997 to December 1997 and worked in the Department of Agriculture from 2001-2002.
He holds the positions of National In-Charge of Kisan Morcha, National Vice President of BJP, National In-Charge of Andhra Pradesh State, National In-Charge of Goa State, President of Gujarat Scout and Guide, President of All India Scout and Guide, President of Akhil Gujarat Electricity Board, President of Hemu Gadhavi Centenary Year Celebration committee, Trustee of Kadava Patidar Trust, Amreli, President of Madad Trust, Amreli. He was the Member of the Champion Team of Kabbadi, Saurashtra University.
Positions which he held:
- From 2005-2006: General Secretary and Spokesperson of Gujarat State.
- From 2005-2007: Chairman of Youth Hostels of India, Gujarat State.
- From 2006-2010: President of Gujarat State.
- From 2008-2014: Member of Parliament to the Rajya Sabha.
- In 2009: Member of Parliamentary Committee of Food and Consumer Affairs and Personnel Affairs.
- In 2010: National Vice President, Member of Parliamentary Committee. of Ports, Chemicals, and Fertilizers.
- In 2012: Member of Parliamentary Committee of Agriculture.
- In 2016: Elected to Member of Parliament to the Rajya Sabha.
- From 2016-present: Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Panchayati Raj.
- Parshottam married Savitaben in 1979. They have a daughter and one son.
Minister Parshottam attended a video conference on Value Chain Creations for Kiwi Fruit: Farm To Fork, organized by Central Institute of Horticulture, Nagaland With Hon’ble Agriculture Minister Shree Narendra Singh Tomar.
It was great attending the Working Group Meeting with Hon’ble dignitaries Shree Sadananda Gowda, Minister of Chemical and Fertiliser, Shree Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture, Shree Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State (Chemical and Fertiliser), Shree Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Commerce and Industry), and other senior officials at Shastri Bhawan.
Parshottam attended a cooperative meeting with Hon’ble Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar, Dr. Chandrapal Yadav, Shri Bhupinder Yadav, Shri Satish Marathe, and Shri Dileepbhai Sanghani at Krishi Bhawan.
Minister Rupala Parshottam paid floral tributes to the national pride and inspiration of all of us revered Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on his birth anniversary.