Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha), YRSCP, Andhra Pradesh.
Parimal Nathwani is a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha for Andhra Pradesh. He was born on 01-02-1956 to Dhirajlal Nathwani & Pushpaben in Bombay, Mumbai. In 1975, He studied his SSC Standard from Srimati Gokalibai P.P. High School. In 2006, He has completed his Doctorate in Management from the National Institute of Management Mumbai.
Parimal Dhirajlal Nathwani is an Indian politician and Industrialist. He was an entrepreneur and a trader until the mid-1990s. In 1997, He joined Reliance Group. As of 2016, he was the Group President of Corporate Affairs at Reliance Industries Ltd., a part headed by Mukesh Ambani. Nathwani closely worked with Dhirubhai Ambani and now has been working with RIL CMD Mukesh Ambani. He is a Key Member of the core leadership at RIL. Nathwani helped Dhirubhai Ambani in realizing his dream. He played a pivotal role in land acquisition and setting up the biggest grassroots crude oil refinery on the western coast near Jamnagar in Gujarat.
Nathwani became the face of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) in Gujarat and other parts of the country. He spearheaded several of the group’s projects including land acquisition for the Jamnagar refinery and building infrastructure to roll out 4-G broadband in 22 circles of the country.
Parimal Nathwani started his political journey as Independently. In 2008, Nathwani entered the Rajya Sabha as an independent candidate from Jharkhand. In 2014, He got re-elected as Rajya Sabha Member from the tribal-state Jharkhand.
Parimal Nathwani joined the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP). In 2020, He elected as Member of Rajya Sabha from the state of Andhra Pradesh in the presence of Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and President of YSR Congress Party.
Positions held By Parimal Nathwani:
- From 2008-2020, He was a Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) from Jharkhand.
- As of 2016, He was the Group President (Corporate Affairs and Projects), Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
- Key Member – RIL Chairman and Chairman of Reliance Rural Development Trust(RRDT).
- Member – Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law & Justice.
- Member – Standing Committee on Railways.
- Member – Consultative Committee, Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Member – Select Committee on Payment & Settlement (Amendment) Bill.
- Permanent Special – Invitee of Consultative Committee, Ministry of External Affairs.
- Member – Multi-Sectoral Development Program Committee (MsDP), Jharkhand.
- Member – Hindi Salahkar Samiti, Economic Affairs Division and Financial Services Division, Ministry of Finance.
- The Trustee – the Board of Governor’s Social Welfare Fund (Gujarat).
- In 2010, Vice President – Gujarat Cricket Association.
- Ex-Vice Chairman – Dwarka Devasthan Samiti.
- Member – Nathdwara Temple Board.
- Chancellor – Shree Bruhad Gujarat Sanskrut Parishad.
- Member – Gujarat Ayurved University Development Board.
- Director – Gujarat Petcoke and Petro-products Supply Pvt. Ltd.
- President – the Gujarat Industries Navratri Festival Society (GINFS).
- From 2008-2012, He was the Director & Chairman – the Vadodara Stock Exchange.
- In 2019, He was the President – the Gujarat State Football Association (GSFA).
In 2020, He is the Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) of YSRCP, Government of Andhra Pradesh.