MPTC, Cheruvugattu, Narketpally, Nakrekal, Nalgonda, Telangana, TRS
Mekala Rajireddy is the MPTC of Narketpally Mandal. He was born in 1962 to Mallareddy and Radhamma in Cheruvugattu. In 1985, He completed SSC from ZP high school, Yellareddygudem, and completed his Intermediate in Hyderabad in 1987. He married Aruna. They had two daughters Sai Priya and Nithya Priya.
In 1980, He started his political career with the Telugu Desam Party(TDP). In 1985, He was selected as Ward Member, Cheruvugattu from the TDP party. In 2001, Rajireddy was elected as a Sarpanch for Cheruvugattu village from TDP. He left the TDP party and joined the Indian National Congress(INC) party in 2006. Rajireddy served as Chairman of Cheruvugattu Devalayam.
He worked as Mandal Party President, Narketpally from the Congress party. In 2019, Rajireddy joined the Telangana Rashtra Samiti(TRS) in the presence of Nakrekal MLA Chirumarthi Lingaiah. He elected as MPTC, Narketpally Mandal. He has actively participated in Telangana Movement, Vanta Varpu program. In 2021, His wife Mekala Aruna selected and serving as Chairman of Cheruvugattu Devalayam.
- He conducted many developmental activities like a shopping complex, G.P Building was constructed in the village with the help of M.P funds.
- Raji Reddy also paved CC roads and solved water problems in the Village.
- Many development projects have been done in the temple. Rajireddy built a Maha mandapam in the temple.
- The old bathhouse was demolished and a new bathhouse was built for the devotees.
- Sheds were built for the devotees. Palarambandi was gifted to the temple community for the Goddess in the temple.
- Stag rooms, waiting rooms, and living rooms have been set up for the devotees by Rajireddy.
- Rajireddy provided Essentials, Masks, Sanitizers to the village people in the COVID-19 lockdown period.
- He also created awareness on how to prevent the Corona epidemic by maintaining a physical distance.