Narsapuram District National President, Narsapuram District DCC President, Tadepalligudem, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, Congress
Marneedi Shekhar (Babji) is the Narsapuram District National President from the Congress party. He was born on 14-09-1978 in Tadepalligudem. He studied SSC standard at ZP high school in 1992 and completed his Intermediate from Govt D.R.Goyank college in 1994. In 1997, He attained his Degree from D.R.Goyanka degree college.
In 1999, Shekhar started his political career with the Indian National Congress(INC) party and elected as Youth President of Tadepalligudem in 2006. He served as Coordinator of the Congress party in 2018. In 2019, Shekhar contested as MLA from Tadepalligudem but he lost. In 2020, He elected as Narsapuram District National Congress President also serving as Narsapuram District DCC President.
- Shekhar worked to bring the issue to the attention of the authorities and resolve the issue if all the roads in Tanuku were potholes and became an accidental zone and Shekhar himself temporarily buried the pits without waiting for the problem to be solved.
- He introduced the bill against the farmers and himself went to the farmers in 46 villages in Thadepalligudem constituency and collected the signatures of the farmers.
- Addagarla Suryaprabha from Thadepalligudem town was selected as the International Boxer for this she had to go to Nepal for this Shekhar gave 5000 financial help.
- He pointed out that the rates of petrol and diesel were annoying to the common man and that the government should immediately reduce their rates.
- He raised the current bill excessively and brought to the attention of the government that they should be reduced immediately.
- He has done many Social Activities. Shekhar donated 2000 for financial needs and ceiling fans to 3 families whose houses were burnt down in Savitripeta, Tadepalligudem.
- Shekhar called on the government to immediately release financial assistance to migrant workers during the lockdown.
- Shekhar demanded the government has to take up the issue of closing liquor stores immediately as they would increase the number of positive cases if they open during the lockdown.
- He distributed Masks, Sanitizers to the Students and village people, and gave awareness to them.