Kanikalla Prasad Babu
General Secretary of Eluru Parliament, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, YSRCP
Kanikalla Prasad Babu is a General Secretary of Eluru Parliament from YSRCP.
Prasad was born on 18-06-1972 to Mr&Mrs Raghava Rao in Taduvai village, west Godavari district.
In 1987, He completed the Secondary board of Education from ZP High School. He studied Intermediate from S.D.J College in Jangareddigudem from 1987-1989.
He attained Graduation from Sir C.R Reddy college located at Eluru in the year 1992. After an education in 2014, Prasad appointed as the President of a Co-Operative Bank in Taduvai village and been serving in the same position.
Prasad started his political journey from the Indian National Congress Party (INC)in 1995. From 1995-2000, he served as Taduvai Village President. He elected as Mandal youth Vice-President from 2000-2004.
Prasad worked as District youth Vice-President in 2004. He was an Active Member of the INC Party till 2014. He joined the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) in the year 2014 and he was an Active Member. Since 2018, He is serving as General Secretary of Eluru Parliament.
- His main intention is to serve the needy and poor people around him.
- He Financially helped for Temple Development like Renovation, Dharma Satrams, water taps.
- Prasad financially contributed to the development of school infrastructures such as benches, chairs, tube lights, fans, and many more.
- Donations were contributed to the poor people for constructing their houses.
- Prasad stood up for the poor and ensured the development of welfare. He always raises his hands to serve the poor.
- As an increase in the price of petrol and diesel in the country, it has become a burden to the poor people so, Prasad marched in front of the collector’s office on the issue for one day.
- Prasad Babu conducted many developing activities such as laid CC Roads, putting up street lights, dug Borewells, and dumping yards.
- He conducted and participated in many programs in the village. He provided his financial assistance to the House Burnt victims and death-affected families.
- Prasad conducted many Party meetings and actively participated in every program and in meetings.
- He conducted and participated in the Blood donation camp and donated his blood for the needy one.
Activities during Covid-19
- The Covid-19 Vaccine Center was opened in the Taduvai village for the welfare of villagers.
- He distributed vegetables and fruits to the village people and needy people in the covid-19 lockdown period.
- Awareness camps and seminars were organized on the Covid-19 vaccine in Taduvai village.
- The village was completely sprayed with Sodium Hypochlorite Solution.