Faggan Singh Kulaste
Minister of Steel, MLA, MP, Barbati, Mandla, Madhya Pradesh, BJP
Faggan Singh Kulaste is the Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Steel. He was born on 18-May-1959 to Shoban Singh Kulaste. He completed his early education from Mandla College and completed B.Ed and LLB. He attained his post-graduation in MA from Dr.Hari Singh Gour University in 1982. Faggan Singh married Savitri Kulaste.
In 1980, Faggan Singh was served as President of Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Vikash Parishad, Madhya Pradesh. In 1990, He was elected as the Member of the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Later he became Member of Planning Board, Government of Madhya Pradesh and Parliamentary Secretary of Department of Public Health and Family Welfare, Government of Madhya Pradesh. In 1990, He became a Member of the State Working Committee. He was elected as a Member of Panchayat Board, Madhya Pradesh in 1993 also appointed as General Secretary (In-charge) of BJP.
In 1996, He was elected to Eleventh Lok Sabha by defeating Mohanlal of Congress from the Mandla constituency. Later he selected as Member of Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Member of Committee on External Affairs. He was the National Secretary of BJP also appointed as Vice-President of Akhil Bhartiya Adivasi Vikash Parishad, Delhi. In 1998, He was Re-elected to Twelfth Lok Sabha for a second term from the same constituency also elected as Patron of Akhil Bharatiya Gond Sangh. He again won Loksabha Election from the Mandla constituency by defeating Devendra Tekam of the Congress party in 1999. He became the Union Minister of State of Parliamentary Affairs just for two months also served as Union Minister of State for Tribal Affairs.
He was the Vice-President of Akhil Bhartiya Adivasi Vikash Parishad, Madhya Pradesh in 2000. In 2004, He was elected as Member of Fourteenth Lok Sabha and appointed as National President of BJP Scheduled Tribe Morcha.
Some More Positions:
- In 2006: He became General Secretary of BJP, Madhya Pradesh. Later he was again elected to the same post in 2010.
- In 2010: He was again appointed as National President of BJP Scheduled Tribe Morcha.
- In 2012: He was appointed as the Member of the Committee on Urban Development. After losing to Basori Singh Masram of Congress, Faggan Singh was elected to Rajya Sabha in April 2012 and became the Member of Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment and the Member of Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- In 2014: He Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha(5th term) from the Mandla constituency. He was the Chairperson of the Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes also served as Member of the Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- In 2015: He was appointed as Member of the General Purposes Committee.
- In 2016: Union Minister of State, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- In 2017: He became the Member of the Standing Committee on Human Resource Development, Member of the Standing Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment.
- In 2019: He contested and won the Mandla Lok Sabha seat and defeated Congress Kamal Singh Marawi by a margin of over 8000 votes and was appointed to the post of Minister of State in the Ministry of Steel.
Social and Culture Activities:
- Kulaste has been working for the propagation of education in society.
- Encouraging tribals to keep alive their cultural activities by forming several committees.
- Founder and Organizer of educational units.
- Providing free education to the weaker sections of the society.
- Established Babalia Development Block for the upliftment of Adivasis and the promotion of education.
Regards on the birth anniversary of the August revolutionary hero Amar Shaheed Uday Chand Jain Ji of the Mandala district of the country’s freedom movement, the country will always remember his sacrifice for India’s freedom.
Minister Faggan Singh participated in the felicitation ceremony organized by Sardar Patel Group of Institute in Khairi, Mandala.
Minister Faggan Singh presided over the meeting of the Mandal District Planning Committee.
Union Minister Faggan Singh Inaugurated the ‘Taurus cloth’ company started by young entrepreneurs in Delhi to strengthen our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
Minister Faggan Singh participated in the public problem-solving camp organized in the Gundalai village of Narayanganj block at the residence assembly of Mandala parliamentary constituency and congratulated the administrative officials for solving the problems of the people who came.
Minister Faggan Singh discussed with the workers at the BJP office in Jaithari in favor of Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Shri Bisahulal Singh in Anuppur Assembly.