Cabinet Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, MLA, MP, Talcher, Angul, Odisha, BJP
Dharmendra Pradhan is the Cabinet Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel in the Government of India. He was born on 26-June-1969 to Dr.Debendra Pradhan is a former BJP MP. Leadership qualities were visible in him from his college days. He did M.A. in Anthropology from Utkal University Bhubaneswar. He married Smt. Mridula Pradhan.
In 1983, He became the A.B.V.P Activist while studying as a higher secondary student at Talcher College, Odisha and next he became the President of the Student Union in Talcher. Dharmendra selected as National Secretary of ABVP in 1995. He joined the BJP party in 1998. He kick-started his political career by contesting in 2000 Odisha assembly election from Pallalhara constituency and tasted his first electoral victory. He served as Incharge of Bihar and Incharge of Karnataka from the BJP party from 2011-2013.
He held the positions of Co-Incharge of BJP Bihar in State Elections, In-charge of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM), In-Charge BJP Jharkhand, Election in Charge BJP Uttarakhand.
Some more positions which he held:
- In 2001: President of BJP Youth Wing(BJYM), Odisha.
- In 2002: National Secretary, BJP.
- In 2004: Elected to the 14th lokasabha from Deogarh constituency. He was the Member of Committee on Energy, and Member of Committee on Petitions.
- From 2004–2006: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha National President.
- In 2007: Member of Standing Committee on Energy.
- In 2010-till now: All India General Secretary.
- In 2012: Elected to Rajya Sabha from Bihar. He worked as Member of Committee on Government Assurances, Member JPC to examine matters relating to allocation and pricing of telecom Licenses and spectrum. Member of Committee of Rural Development. Member of Committee on Agriculture.
- In 2014: He became the Minister of State(Independent Charge ) of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas. Serving under this ministry, he has visited more than 24 countries and attended many summits and participated in many International programmes as an Indian delegate.
- In 2018: He was again elected to the Rajya sabha from Madhya Pradesh constituency.
- In 2019: Appointed as Minister of petroleum and natural gas for a second term. He was also made the Minister of Steel.
- He regularly interacts with different sections of the society, particularly the youth, motivating them for social work for social reconstruction.
Dharmendra addressed a webinar on LNG as a transport fuel organized by GAIL (India) Limited and SIAM India and Spoke about the wide-ranging benefits of promoting #LNG in transport, especially in reducing vehicular pollution, reducing import bills, and increasing the share of gas.
Dharmendra Pradhan, India’s Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Steel was accompanied by a large delegation including CEOs and top oil industry managers. He underlined the importance of the India-OPEC Dialogue as a means to promote mutual understanding of key issues associated with the global oil sector.
The OPEC Secretariat hosted the 4th High-level OPEC-India Energy Dialogue via videoconference to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on oil markets and the security of energy supply for the global market. The collaboration between OPEC and India represents a key element in energy security.
Dharmendra Addressed a public meeting in favor of candidate Shri Ram Surat Rai from Aurai Assembly and reunited Prime Minister Shri and CM Shri to the developmental, progressive, good governance of Appealed to give blessings.
Today addressed the public relations rally in support of 33 candidate Mr. Shyambabu Prasad Yadav from Pipra assembly constituency in Motihari and the NDA government who is developing in the second phase of voting for the public on November 3 Asked for the blessing of winning.
Dharmendra launches the book ‘The New Map’ by Dr. Daniel Yergin during the #IEF2020. A Pulitzer Prize-winning author and a global energy expert, Dr. Yergin has presented an objective account of how energy, geopolitics, and dynamics of climate change are transforming the energy future.