ITDP Mandal Incharge, Thotapalli, Thotapalligudur, Sarvepalli, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, TDP
Bandela Rajesh is the Village President of Thotapalli from the TDP. He is well known for his simplicity. He was a young dynamic leader who has great leadership values.
Born and Education:
He was born on 23-03-1991 in Thotapalli village. His parents were Nagarjuna and Renukamma.
In 2007, He studied SSC standard at Insant Jesus public school located at Nellore, and in 2009 he completed Intermediate from Sri Venkateswara junior college, Nellore. In 2013, Rajesh graduated with a degree from Jagan degree college. In 2016, He gets into higher education with his Post Graduation from Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore. He chose to enhance his knowledge in the social and political arena, by studying a Bachelor of Law.
In 2012, Rajesh started his political journey with the Telugu Desam Party(TDP). He works as a Party Activist and took part in every activity on the orders of the party.
About The Party
TDP is a regional Indian political party active in the southern states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The party was founded by N.T.Rama Rao on 29-March-1982. TDP was the first regional party to become the main opposition party at the 8th Lok Sabha from 1984 to 1989. TDP has a commitment to safeguarding “the political, economic, social, and cultural foundations of Telugu-speaking people”.
In 2014, Rajesh was elected and served as Thotapalli’s 4th Ward Incharge from the TDP. Rajesh leads in every program called by the party. He has been strengthened the Party at the field level.
In 2018, He was chosen as the Village President by the Thotapalli villagers who recognized Rajesh’s ability to support the people in all possible ways irrespective of time as a social worker and party worker.
In 2022, Rajesh was elected as a ITDP Mandal Incharge of Thotapalligudur in Andhra Pradesh.
- Rajesh works as a Social Activist in the village. He has been involved in many welfare programs.
- Organizes blood donation camps, eye camps in the village and donates blood for needy people.
- Rajesh protests and holds dharnas against the decisions taken by the government against the people and seeks justice for the people.
- He works hard to ensure that the beneficiaries receive funds from the government.
- Rajesh and party leaders staged large-scale dharnas against the decision of the three capitals.
- He has participated in the Special Status movement and holds, Hunger Strike, Dharnas, Bike Rallies, as a part of the movement. Rajesh participates in dharnas and protests at all functions as per the decision of the party.
Being a Social Activist:
- Rajesh always ready to fight over people’s issues. He has done development activities like laying CC Roads, solving Drainage, Street lights, and Water Problems in his village.
- He involves in many of the social activities like Palle Pragathi, Swachh Bharath Programs.
- Rajesh made people aware of updated technology, how to use smartphones.
- The greening program has been successfully implemented.
- Wet and dry bins were distributed to households also created awareness of wet garbage and dry garbage.
- Constructed separate sheds for wet and dry waste management, made awareness on how to keep surroundings clean.
- Rajesh told the villagers about the harms caused by alcohol and completely banned alcohol in the village.
- Rajesh said to the villagers how much damage the plastic causes to the environment and gradually reduced the use of plastic encouraged the people by telling them “No Plastic Use only Jute bags”.
Service During Covid Crisis
Service During Covid First Wave:
-Rajesh provided service to the people while the covid tough time also. He distributed Covid kits to the village people, provided essential commodities, Masks, Sanitizers to the village and poor people.
-Provided food packets, water bottles to the migrants, arranges buses to go to their villages. Financially supported to them.
-Conducted awareness programs to prevent Covid-19, and on how to maintain social distance, precautions which have to take.
-He provided free food service to the municipal, police, front-line workers who worked a lot during Pandemic Covid-19
-Distributes Rice, Vegetables to the Masks, Sanitizers to the Covid victims. Gave financial assistance to them.
-Rajesh said covid-19 can be conquered with courage and corona victims should not lose courage.
-He provided a packet of rice, pulihora, water packets, Masks, Sanitizers in the lockdown time to the poor and the elderly who live near the parks on the road cannot find anything to eat.
-He donates food and clothes to poor and orphaned children during the pandemic and satisfies the hunger of many orphans.
Service During Covid Second Wave:
-Rajesh served during covid second wave and saved many lives. During the Pandemic Period, he distributed food packets, and water bottles to the village and poor people.
-Provided Masks, Sanitizers to the people. He also created awareness on the maintenance of Physical distance and following precautionary measures to prevent the epidemic in Corona.
-He distributed food and rice bags to the migrants and also contributed to them financially.
-Conducted Annadhanam Program for migrates which is served and satisfied many hungry people.
-Sodium hypochlorite solution was sprayed all over the village for the safety of the village. Rakesh financially helped covid victims by providing vitamin tablets, masks, Sanitizers, and fruits.
-Awareness camps and seminars were organized on the Covid-19 vaccine and about the effects of the virus.
-Rajesh distributed vegetables and fruits to the village people and needy people in the covid-19 lockdown period.
-Delivered food to the covid victims by home delivery. Rakesh would bring oxygen cylinders to the areas where covid victims were being treated and saved many lives.